Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's doubtfully ethical to blog about work from work, but my boss just left the office after instructing me to finish assembling a zillion sheets of questionably organized, uncatagorized, misnamed, similar looking rubrics into binders, and then evaluate and fill out a sample application evaluation according to those 8,000 rubrics in preparation for our training session tomorrow. Simple tasks like this expose all of my childhood OCD tendencies, usually abandoned in favor of simplicity, practicality, efficiency, and fun, and as a result they take about five hours. And when I am done, I have a sense of pride that completely outweighs any kind of reinforcement or appreciation I will receive for the output. It's sort of a letdown. So I'm sitting in silence after making a pot of coffee JUST FOR MYSELF (!) and admiring the assembled binders. I have outrageous OCD repression.