Tuesday, November 24, 2009

after using the bathroom hand-dryer as a hair-dryer the day is mainly looking up



Right now, one of my main responsibilities at work is to memorize (familiarize? please is that a word?) myself with the information in a fairly gigantic virtual binder, to better prepare myself for facilitating and running the 6-hour day long interviews that the non-profit I work for basically exists to run. I mean, I don't have to run them, my boss does that, and will probably help me with a lot of my job in the end, but STILL. This binder also includes pages upon pages of information and rubrics and instruction sheets to copy and distribute to all sorts of different people involved in these days, and the myriad messages I'm supposed to be "messaging" to all of them. Like signs - signs for every ind ividual activity. Also a welcome sign. Seven signs total. And they're all stored virtually somewhere. It's not hard t o sort it all into little computer folders, it's pretty rudimentary. I just wish I co uld stack it all into tangible little stacks and make folders and copy them al l. It's just kind of a VI RTUAL PAPER OVERLOAD.