Monday, November 2, 2009

i'm not making any lemonade from today


These are some things that (seriously) happened today:
8:42 - Got on the bus. Apparently, this was a bus coming straight from the crazy factory, because that's what everyone on this bus was. One woman was using her old-fashioned metal shopping cart to hit people, and she made everyone clear the aisles so she could unfold it and wheel it out. On her way off, she hit the foot of the man next to me, but told the bus driver that the man assaulted her and was evil. As soon as she got off, another crazy lady with a shopping cart (bus total: 3) got on. This lady wanted to go to M & I bank, but was refusing to walk, which was impossible if she wanted to take this bus to get there. So instead, she made the bus driver stop at LITERALLY EVERY STOP and tell her what it was. After each stop, she would announce that he missed her stop and he had no idea what he was doing and now she would never be able to get dropped off right in front of the bank. WHAT A ROUGH DAY FOR HER.
9:28 - Got to work. That bus ride usually takes fifteen minutes.
Then, after work, I went grocery shopping. I haven't done this in over a month, so I had two heaping bags of food as I was getting on my fourth bus of the day. I barely made it on, and had to show the bus driver my pass WITH MY MOUTH, so as soon as I got on I kind of dropped my bags and anticipated kicking them over to one of the close handicapped seats. There are three on each side, but there was an approximately twenty year old dude sitting in the middle of each of the seats, and each asshole refused to get out or scoot over, so I had to stand balancing my bags for the entire ride, during which food fell out and rolled around the bus, and I had to crawl around at their feet to collect it. Not only did they not budge, but they couldn't even be troubled to help me pick it up. THIS REALLY HAPPENED. I don't really understand how I am expected to put up with that kind of bus ride, while some old lady, crazy, old, or not, expects that a bus driver will personally deliver her to her desired destination and that on the way, everyone will clear a complete berth for her to move herself and her SHOPPING CART around the bus. Everyone except me is crazy.