Sunday, January 10, 2010

///

I will always be impressed with the ability of people who've known you at your worst to bolster and support you during unexpectedly emotional and unspeakably strange, difficult experiences. I continually admire people whom I've failed, people of whom, at times, I've expected too much or painted too vulnerable, unflattering of a portrait of myself, who, in spite of these moments, are able to behave so warmly toward me when I need it. I have had the gift of being continually forgiven and to have spent such wonderful years surrounded, even peripherally, by warm, thoughtful people. Even those who were not among my very closest of friends toward the end of my college years embrace me generously and without question. I had an incredibly emotionally draining weekend, but I was blessed to spend it with the best of friends. I'm not serious often, but when I am, I mean it. I am honored to have had the privilege of meeting such wonderful people over the last four years, and it is comforting to know that even though I can no longer be with them on a daily basis, we will continue to care for each other and take interest in each other's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment