Thursday, January 28, 2010

so original

image via anthropologie

I've currently started to stalk this coat on ebay. This is one of those anthropologie items that I hate. Not only is it pink (salmon, even worse), but it looks like the kind of thing that people who are really obsessed with the idea of crocheting scarves and buy really unnecessarily large, precious coffee mugs with distressed drawings of animals on them would absolutely die for. It's one of those items that just looks like it's trying to hard to create a lifestyle. I really can't explain what it is about this coat that I like, especially since I put it in the same category as those oversized coat sweaters that anthropologie sells that look awful on everyone but are always sold out for some reason. It's the kind of item that you can buy for an outrageous price that gives you the illusion of being artsy and crafty and like indie it girls who are okay at singing. But for some reason, when I saw this coat on a real-life girl, it looked almost edgy and different in a way that worked for me, as opposed to in a way that I resent (haha! I make the rules!). It's also vaguely Scandanavian in a way that might make me look Scandanavian if I wear it (that's kind of annoying too, I know). So now I'm stalking this stupid PINK coat in three sizes on ebay because I just love that silhouette and those stupid buttons at the top, even though it's ridiculously overpriced and would only keep me warm for one month (May) in this godforsaken climate. Is it even possible to look cool while wearing salmon and overtly twee patterns? 

Next, I'll probably try purchasing a cat.