Wednesday, January 20, 2010

swinging from a broken tree

Today, I arrived at work only to find that I had two full, leftover beer bottles in my purse. It is possible that I will pour one into my coffee cup and drink it if I have to fill out any more of these asinine new check request forms. Hopefully, by the time I need a new liver, they'll be farming synthetic ones in some third-world country, and I'll just be able to have one of those. But that's not the point. The point is, the farce is unraveling, and I don't know how to stop it.

Here are some other things I've learned and observed today:
-My boss is able to use the printer, which makes my job seemingly even more of a farce.
-The executive director of the nonprofit for which I work sounds exactly like a guy I kind of dated, to the point of distraction and a lack of ability for me to take him seriously.